Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Very Simple Christmas

For some reason, this year Christmas is coming together almost too easily.  I decided to take some steps to reduce the possibility of becoming frantic, and I think it's working!  Starting the Christmas letter in November simplified a lot.  The extra time that created turned out to be a real luxury!  As for the tree...well, I haven't actually had one for a number of years.  But this year I felt a desire to get one of those little live trees growing in a pot.  Normally, if I were to go tree shopping it would be a horrendous ordeal for anyone tagging along, as I can blaze through hundreds of rows of evergreens before finding the "perfect" one.  But, this year the tree came to me as a gift, and my definition of perfect now described a tree very similar to the one that Charlie Brown acquired.  There's really nothing symmetric about it.  It isn't full and bushy, and it doesn't even stand up very straight.  But, I love it and wouldn't change it for anything!  I had to wonder if this meant I was becoming too easy to please, but a second thought convinced me that maybe contentment had finally worked it's way into my personality...and I'm ok with that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search